Custom Machine Design
KMD is experienced in the design and fabrication of custom machines to assist in assembly, testing, material handling, and packaging of your product. The latest 3D modeling techniques are used to design, analyze and verify machine operation. Simulation and analysis tools enable us to verify machine design before purchasing components. 3D models are used to verify designs and present ideas for client review and approval.
KMD is experienced with the IEC 61131-3 programming language standard for automation and can provide control systems that meet this standard.
Custom machine design and fabrication services:
- Stand Alone Assembly Machines
- Multi-Station Assembly Machines
- Pick and Place Units
- Auto Load/Unload Stations
- Auto Sorting and Stacking Units
- Auto Packaging Systems (Weigh and Shrink-Wrap)
- Re-Tooling of Existing Equipment to accommodate new products
- Refurbishing Existing Equipment to replace outdated components
- Camera Inspection Stations
- Assembly Cells for Lean Manufacturing Systems
- Bar-coding for Automatic Change-Over
- Quick Change-Over for Manual Stations
- Mechanical Power Transmission Design
- Conveyor Speed and Drive Sizing
- Gearbox/Motor Sizing
- Brake/Clutch Sizing
- Torque Limiters
- Guarding Systems
Return to top of page ...